Form 9-102.9. Attorney affidavit as to consent of a parent to adoption
Affidavit by Attorney as to Consent of (parent) to Adoption of
1. I am the attorney representing , a parent of , the child who is the subject of the consent.
2. The parent, at the time of the signing of the consent, was years old. The parent's date of birth is .
3. (Check one of the following)
[ ] The parent is not disabled or is disabled but the disability does not affect the parent's ability to understand the meaning of the consent to adoption.
[ ] The parent is a minor or has a disability that could affect the parent's
ability to understand the meaning of the consent to adoption. The disability is
Despite the parent's age or disability, I believe that the parent understood
the meaning of consenting to adoption. The following additional steps were
taken to ensure that the parent understood the meaning of the consent form
prior to signing it:
4. The parent understands English, or the consent form that the parent signed was translated into , a language that the parent understands.
5. I have explained to the parent that (name by which parent knows adoptive parent) has filed or plans to file a case to ask the court to permit that person to adopt the parent's child.
6. I reviewed the consent form thoroughly with the parent, and I believe that the parent desires to consent to the adoption and has signed the consent form knowingly and voluntarily and not due to duress or coercion.
I solemnly affirm under the penalties of perjury that the contents of this affidavit are true to the best of my knowledge, information, and belief.
(City, State, Zip Code)