(a) A dentalpractice may be owned and operated by the following individuals or entities,either alone or in a combination thereof:
(1) a dentistlicensed under the provisions of this chapter;
(2) a healthdepartment or clinic of this state or of a local government agency;
(3) afederally qualified health center or community health center designated by theUnited States Department of Health and Human Services to provide dentalservices;
(4) a 501(c)(3)nonprofit or charitable dental organization;
(5) a hospitallicensed under the laws of this state;
(6) aninstitution or program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation ofthe American Dental Association to provide education and training.
(b) Thesurviving spouse, the executor, or the administrator of the estate of alicensed dentist or the spouse of an incapacitated licensed dentist may employa dentist licensed under the provisions of this chapter to terminate thepractice of the deceased or incapacitated dentist within a reasonable length oftime. (Added 2011, No. 116 (Adj. Sess.), § 13.)