(1) Any law enforcement agency authorized to enforce parking laws in this state may appoint volunteers to issue citations for violations of:
(a) the provisions of Subsections 41-1a-414(3) and (4) related to parking for a person with a disability;
(b) any municipal or county accessible parking privileges ordinance for a person with a disability; or
(c) the provisions of Subsection 41-6a-1307(4) related to parking in a school bus parking zone.
(2) A volunteer appointed under this section must be at least 21 years of age.
(3) The law enforcement agency appointing a volunteer may establish any other qualification for the volunteer that the agency finds desirable.
(4) A volunteer may not issue citations until the volunteer has received training from the appointing law enforcement agency.
(5) A citation issued by a volunteer under this section has the same force and effect as a citation issued by a peace officer for the same offense.
Renumbered and Amended by Chapter 2, 2005 General Session 2005