The purposes of this Chapter are:
(1) To ensure that workers employed in the City of Philadelphia can address their own health needs and the health needs of their families by requiring employers to provide a minimum level of paid sick days including time for family care;
(2) To reduce public and private health care costs in the City of Philadelphia by enabling workers to seek early and routine medical care for themselves and their family members;
(3) To protect workers employed in the City of Philadelphia from losing their jobs while they use sick days to care for themselves or their families;
(4) To assist victims of domestic violence and their family members by providing them with job-protected paid time away from work to allow them to receive treatment and to take the necessary steps to ensure their protection;
(5) To safeguard the public welfare, health, safety and prosperity of the people of and visitors to the City of Philadelphia; and
(6) To accomplish the purposes described in subsections (1) - (5) in a manner that is feasible for employers and that does not require employers to provide any additional paid time to their employees if they already provide the same amount of paid time off that can be used for the same purposes and under the same conditions as required in this Ordinance.