(1) No person shall knowingly sell, offer, deal in, transfer, give, or lend to any minor, nor shall any minor use or possess, any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as:
(a) nunchaku, manriki, zoobow, dagger, martial art spikes, dirk, stiletto, billy, jutte; or
(b) cestus or sap glove or similar leather studded band with metal fillings; or
(c) razor blade or razor blades imbedded in wood; or
(d) any type of throwing knives, including, but not limited to, gravity, palm, thro, tanto, or butterfly knives; or
(e) Shuriken or any instrument without a handle consisting of a metal plate having three or more sharp edges and designed in the shape of a polygon, trefoil, cross, star, diamond, or other geometric shape for throwing; or
(f) a cord or wire used for strangling, sometimes called a garrote; or
(g) any knife or sword with a double edged blade.
(2) Subsection (1) shall not apply to the possession and use of any weapon or instrument by a minor on the premises of a school which holds a regulatory or business license and teaches the art of self-defense, nor to the possession by a martial arts student, as evidenced by their holding an item of identification certifying that they are members of a martial arts club or school.
(3) Any weapon or instrument in subsection (1) sold to or possessed by a minor in circumstances not set forth in subsection (2), shall be confiscated and delivered into law enforcement departmental custody.
(4) The penalty for each violation of this Section shall be a fine of not more than three hundred dollars ($300.00) or imprisonment of not more than ninety (90) days or both.
(5) A "minor" under this Ordinance includes all persons under the age of eighteen (18) years.
(6) If any Section, subsection, clause, sentence, phrase or item is found to be unlawful by reason of other superior laws of the United States or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, such a determination shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Section 10-826.