Sec. 545.301. STOPPING, STANDING, OR PARKING OUTSIDE A BUSINESS OR RESIDENCE DISTRICT. (a) An operator may not stop, park, or leave standing an attended or unattended vehicle on the main traveled part of a highway outside a business or residence district unless:
(1) stopping, parking, or leaving the vehicle off the main traveled part of the highway is not practicable;
(2) a width of highway beside the vehicle is unobstructed and open for the passage of other vehicles; and
(3) the vehicle is in clear view for at least 200 feet in each direction on the highway.
(b) This section does not apply to an operator of:
(1) a vehicle that is disabled while on the paved or main traveled part of a highway if it is impossible to avoid stopping and temporarily leaving the vehicle on the highway;
(2) a vehicle used exclusively to transport solid, semisolid, or liquid waste operated at the time in connection with the removal or transportation of solid, semisolid, or liquid waste from a location adjacent to the highway; or
(3) a tow truck, as defined by Section 545.157(e), that is performing towing duties under Chapter 2308, Occupations Code.
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 782 (S.B. 1093), Sec. 3, eff. September 1, 2009.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 229 (H.B. 378), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2011.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 6 (S.B. 510), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2013.