Sec. 1001.152. USE OF GRANT. A grant awarded under this subchapter may be used to support:
(1) comprehensive medical evaluations, psychosocial assessments, treatment services, and written and photographic documentation of abuse;
(2) education and training for health professionals, including physicians, medical students, resident physicians, child abuse fellows, and nurses, relating to the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of child abuse and neglect;
(3) education and training for community agencies involved with child abuse and neglect, law enforcement officials, child protective services staff, and children's advocacy centers involved with child abuse and neglect;
(4) medical case reviews and consultations and testimony regarding those reviews and consultations;
(5) research, data collection, and quality assurance activities, including the development of evidence-based guidelines and protocols for the prevention, evaluation, and treatment of child abuse and neglect;
(6) the use of telemedicine and other means to extend services from regional programs into underserved areas; and
(7) other necessary activities, services, supplies, facilities, and equipment as determined by the department.
Added by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1238 (S.B. 2080), Sec. 7(a), eff. September 1, 2009.