Sec. 1001.033. REPORT TO SECRETARY OF STATE. (a) In this section, "colonia" means a geographic area that:
(1) is an economically distressed area as defined by Section 17.921, Water Code;
(2) is located in a county any part of which is within 62 miles of an international border; and
(3) consists of 11 or more dwellings that are located in close proximity to each other in an area that may be described as a community or neighborhood.
(b) To assist the secretary of state in preparing the report required under Section 405.021, Government Code, the commissioner on a quarterly basis shall provide a report to the secretary of state detailing any projects funded by the department that provide assistance to colonias.
(c) The report must include:
(1) a description of any relevant projects;
(2) the location of each project;
(3) the number of colonia residents served by each project;
(4) the exact amount spent or the anticipated amount to be spent on each colonia served by each project;
(5) a statement of whether each project is completed and, if not, the expected completion date of the project; and
(6) any other information, as determined appropriate by the secretary of state.
(d) The commission shall require an applicant for funds administered by the commission to submit to the commission a colonia classification number, if one exists, for each colonia that may be served by the project proposed in the application. If a colonia does not have a classification number, the commission may contact the secretary of state or the secretary of state's representative to obtain the classification number. On request of the commission, the secretary of state or the secretary of state's representative shall assign a classification number to the colonia.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 828 (S.B. 827), Sec. 5, eff. September 1, 2005.
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 341 (S.B. 99), Sec. 16, eff. June 15, 2007.