(1) No person shall erect any stand for the purpose of reviewing any parade, procession, or festivity of any kind without first obtaining a permit to do so from the Department of Licenses and Inspections.
(2) The fee shall be $2. for the first 500 square feet of surface area to be covered by such stand and an additional fee of $1. for each additional 500 square feet of surface area to be covered by such stand.
(3) All such stands must be erected in conformity with the conditions and regulations issued by the Department of Licenses and Inspections and any permit shall be revoked if the stand does not so conform.
(4) The Department of Licenses and Inspections shall order any stand built in violation of § 10-806(1) or (2) to be dismantled or removed immediately or may perform such dismantling and removal itself or by contract, the cost to be charged against the person causing such stands to be erected. The Law Department may take such action for the collection of such costs by lien or otherwise as may be authorized by law.
(5) The Department of Licenses and Inspections may permit a stand erected without a permit to remain, if the Department determines that it is in the public interest to do so, that the stand otherwise conforms to the conditions and regulations promulgated by the Department, and is to be used for the purpose of reviewing parades, processions, or festivities. However, in such case, the fine imposed must be paid, and the appropriate permit obtained prior to the use of the stand.