6. a. The Governor shall include in the annual budget recommendations to the Legislature pursuant to section 11 of article 3 of P.L.1944, c.112 (C.52:27B-20), a recommendation for an appropriation from the fund for the purposes set forth in this section. The Legislature shall annually appropriate to the department from the first $1,000,000 in license plate fees collected pursuant to section 3 of this act and deposited in the fund:
(1) An amount not to exceed $600,000 for the cost of any program of the department, or conducted in cooperation with the Department of Corrections that utilizes prisoners to clean up or maintain beaches or shores;
(2) An amount not to exceed $200,000 for the cost of providing aircraft overflights for monitoring, surveillance and enforcement activities of the Cooperative Coastal Monitoring Program established by the department;
(3) An amount not to exceed $150,000 for establishment of a program of grants for the construction of sewage pump-out devices for marine sanitation devices and portable toilet emptying receptacles at public or private marinas or boatyards in furtherance of the provisions of P.L.1988, c.117 (C.58:10A-56 et seq.); and
(4) An amount not to exceed $50,000 to implement the provisions of the "New Jersey Adopt a Beach Act," P.L.1992, c.213 (C.13:19-22 et seq.).
b. If an amount less than $1,000,000 is collected from license plate fees pursuant to section 3 of this act in any given year, the amounts provided in paragraph (1) through paragraph (4), inclusive, of this subsection shall be reduced proportionately, and no amounts shall be credited to the special emergency reserve account created pursuant to subsection b. of section 4 of this act.