19. In accordance with the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.) the Department of Health shall establish rules and regulations:
a. For the annual reporting by health care institutions, and the gathering of such additional data as is reasonably necessary to oversee and evaluate the implementation of this act. The department shall seek to minimize the burdens of record-keeping imposed by the rules and regulations and shall seek to assure the appropriate confidentiality of patient records.
b. Requiring health care institutions to adopt policies and practices designed to:
(1) Make routine inquiry, at the time of admission and at such other times as are appropriate under the circumstances, concerning the existence and location of an advance directive;
(2) Provide appropriate informational materials concerning advance directives to all interested patients and their families and health care representatives, and to assist patients interested in discussing and executing an advance directive;
(3) Educate patients and their families and health care representatives about the availability, benefits and burdens of rehabilitative treatment, therapy and services, as appropriate;
(4) Inform physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals of their rights and responsibilities under this act, to assure that the rights and responsibilities are understood, and to provide a forum for discussion and consultation regarding the requirements of this act; and
(5) Otherwise comply with the provisions of this act.