(a) Qualification for credit. -- The Mayor and City Council of Baltimore City or the governing body of a county or of a municipal corporation may grant, by law, a tax credit against the county or municipal corporation property tax imposed on improvements to real property if there is installed in the improvements a complete automatic fire protection sprinkler system, installed in accordance with accepted codes and standards established by the Maryland State Fire Prevention Commission.
(b) Amount; certification, duration. -- A county or municipal corporation may provide, by law, for:
(1) the amount of a property tax credit under this section;
(2) the duration of a property tax credit under this section;
(3) the criteria and qualifications necessary to receive the credit;
(4) the application of a property tax credit under this section to existing automatic fire protection sprinkler systems; and
(5) any other provision necessary to carry out this section.
1998, ch. 684.