ง 5-9B-05. Funding requests
(a) Submission. -- A sponsor may submit funding requests for acquisition of property under its local land preservation program to the Department of Natural Resources for evaluation and submission to the Board of Public Works under this section.
(b) Duties of Department of Natural Resources. -- The Department shall:
(1) Review local programs and applications for funding submitted by sponsors for consistency with the local plans under ง 5-9B-04(a) of this subtitle;
(2) Submit applications reviewed under paragraph (1) of this subsection to the Board of Public Works for funding, along with the Department's recommendation on the application; and
(3) Coordinate applications received with available remaining funding.
(c) Deadlines for filing. --
(1) Applications for funding under this section in a fiscal year shall be received at a date determined by the Department and reviewed using criteria established by the Department under ง 5-9B-06(a)(2) of this subtitle.
(2) Applications recommended for approval by the Department shall be forwarded to the Board of Public Works with a favorable recommendation in accordance with the criteria.