§ 12-610. Bridges between counties
(a) Petition; appointment of examiners. --
(1) A resident of a county may submit a written petition to the governing body of a county requesting that a bridge connecting that county to an adjoining county be built or repaired.
(2) If the governing body determines the request for bridge building or repair is reasonable, the governing body shall request in writing the concurrence of the governing body of the adjoining county.
(3) If the governing body of the adjoining county concurs, the governing body of each county shall:
(i) appoint three independent examiners; and
(ii) notify the governing body of the other county of the appointment.
(b) Examination; report of findings. --
(1) The examiners appointed under subsection (a) of this section shall meet promptly to determine:
(i) the advisability of building or repairing the bridge;
(ii) the location of the building or repair;
(iii) the building or repair plan;
(iv) the materials required for the building or repair;
(v) the estimated cost of the building or repair; and
(vi) the portion of the cost of building or repair to be paid by each of the adjoining counties.
(2) The examiners shall report the findings and recommendations made under paragraph (1) of this subsection to their respective governing body.