ง 2-302. Qualifications of applicants
(a) In general. -- To qualify for a license, an applicant shall be an individual who meets the requirements of this section.
(b) Character and reputation. -- The applicant shall be of good character and reputation.
(c) Age. -- The applicant shall be at least 18 years old.
(d) Education. -- The applicant shall meet the educational requirements under ง 2-303 of this subtitle.
(e) Examination. -- Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, the applicant shall pass an examination given by the Board under this subtitle.
(f) Practical work experience. -- The applicant for an initial license shall complete practical work experience that is approved by the Board and that:
(1) is obtained over a period of:
(i) not more than 3 years; and
(ii) 1. not less than 6 months if the applicant applies before October 1, 2000; or
2. not less than 1 year if the applicant applies on or after October 1, 2000;
(2) includes providing any type of service or advice involving the use of accounting, attest, management advisory, financial advisory, tax, or consulting skills;
(3) is performed under the direction of:
(i) a licensed certified public accountant; or
(ii) an appropriately qualified professional as determined by the Board;
(4) is obtained through employment in government, industry, academia, or public practice; and
(5) amounts to:
(i) 1,000 hours if the applicant applies before October 1, 2000; or
(ii) 2,000 hours if the applicant applies on or after October 1, 2000.