§ 32-1601. Distance restriction from place of worship or school
(a) In general. --
(1) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, the Board may not issue a license for an establishment that is within 500 feet of a place of worship or a public or private elementary or secondary school.
(2) The distance from the establishment to the place of worship or the public or private elementary or secondary school is to be the distance that an individual could walk directly from the main entrance of the establishment to the main entrance of the place of worship or school.
(b) Exceptions. --
(1) A person may apply for a license within 6 months following the termination of a license at an existing location that falls within the restriction imposed by subsection (a) of this section.
(2) The prohibition against issuing a license in subsection (a) of this section does not apply to:
(i) a temporary license; or
(ii) the Downtown Plaza of Salisbury that:
1. is within the area starting from the intersection of Camden Avenue and Carroll Street, eastward along Carroll Street to U.S. Route 13, then northward to U.S. Route 50, then westward to Mill Street, and then southward to the point of origin; but
2. does not include businesses located on the opposite sides of the streets listed in item 1 of this item.