§463.32. Special prestige license plates for members of Knights of Columbus
A. The secretary of the Department of Public Safety and Corrections shall establish special prestige license plates for passenger cars, pickup trucks, recreational vehicles, and vans, which plates may be issued, upon application, to members of the Knights of Columbus.
B. The procedure for issuing the special prestige license plate shall be as follows:
(1) The applicant shall pay the fee to the office of motor vehicles.
(2) The state headquarters shall determine if the applicant is a member in good standing of the Knights of Columbus.
(3) If the applicant is a member in good standing, the state headquarters shall transmit a certificate of membership, to the secretary.
(4) The secretary shall transmit the license plate to the state headquarters.
(5) The state headquarters shall issue the license plate to the applicant.
C. The secretary shall adopt administrative rules to implement the provisions of this Section. The rules shall govern the transfer of plates and the surrender of plates.
D. The secretary shall determine the design of the special prestige license plates issued under the provisions of this Section, provided such color and design shall be in general compliance with R.S. 47:463(A)(3) and provided that the plate shall bear the words "KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS".
E. The fees for the special prestige license plates issued under the provisions of this Section shall be a one-time fee of twenty-five dollars for each plate, which shall be in addition to the regular motor vehicle registration license fee.
Acts 1991, No. 952, §1; Acts 1992, No. 141, §1; Acts 1993, No. 35, §1, eff. May 18, 1993; Acts 1995, No. 728, §1; Acts 1997, No. 712, §1; Acts 1997, No. 1131, §2, eff. July 14, 1997.