§337.4. Levy of sales and use taxes
A. Any political subdivision which is authorized by the constitution and laws of the state of Louisiana to levy and impose a sales and use tax which proposition is approved by a majority of those voting at an election called for the purpose after July 1, 2003, shall impose, levy, administer, and collect such tax by local ordinance in the manner required by this Chapter.
B. The local ordinance shall contain the following:
(1) The rate of such sales and use tax.
(2) The effective date of such tax.
(3) The term of the tax.
(4) The purpose for which the proceeds of the tax shall be used.
(5) Vendor's compensation.
(6) Optional exclusions or exemptions allowed by state sales and use tax law, adopted by the local ordinance pursuant to state law.
(7) Exclusions and exemptions adopted pursuant to legislation enacted under Article VI, Section 29(D)(1) of the Constitution of Louisiana, but not allowed as an exclusion or exemption from state sales and use tax.
(8) Penalty, interest, or attorney fees due on the sales and use tax. The amount of such penalty, interest, and attorney fees shall be limited as provided by law, including relevant jurisprudence, until such statute or jurisprudence is changed.
C. Any local ordinance adopted by a political subdivision levying the tax after July 1, 2003, shall incorporate by reference thereto the provisions of the Uniform Local Sales Tax Code. The incorporation of the provisions of the Uniform Local Sales Tax Code or other laws shall apply to such provisions as existed at the time of the adoption of the local ordinance and to such provisions as they may be thereafter amended.
D. Any political subdivision which has levied a local sales and use tax prior to July 1, 2003, shall collect and administer the tax in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter on that date without effect on the proposition imposing the tax and without the necessity of imposing, levying, or enacting the local ordinance again. However, the political subdivisions levying the tax before such date also may incorporate the code into such ordinances by reference.
Acts 2003, No. 73, §1, eff. July 1, 2003.