As used in this Chapter:
(1) "Agreement" means the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement.
(2) "Certified automated system" means software certified jointly by the states that are signatories to the agreement to calculate the tax imposed by each jurisdiction on a transaction, determine the amount of tax to remit to the appropriate state, and maintain a record of the transaction.
(3) "Certified service provider" means an agent certified jointly by the states that are signatories to the agreement to perform all of the seller's sales tax functions.
(4) "Person" means an individual, trust, estate, fiduciary, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, corporation, or any other legal entity.
(5) "Sales and use tax" means the taxes levied under R.S. 47:301 through 332 and the taxes that are levied by local governmental subdivisions and school boards under authority of Article VI, Section 29 of the Constitution of Louisiana.
(6) "Seller" means any person making sales, leases, or rentals of personal property or services.
(7) "State" means any state of the United States and the District of Columbia.
Acts 2001, No. 72, §1, eff. May 24, 2001.