§737. Causes for suspension, revocation, cancellation, or restrictions; reinstatement
A. The office of motor vehicles may suspend, revoke, cancel, or impose other restrictions on any contract confected under this Chapter for the following causes:
(1) Failure to remit taxes and fees collected from applicants for title transfers.
(2) Operating as an auto title company without a contract for each location, with an expired contract, or without a valid surety bond on file with the office of motor vehicles.
(3) Issuance of more than one temporary registration (T-Marker) to a title applicant, or issuing a T-Marker without first collecting all taxes and fees.
(4) Operating from an unapproved location.
(5) Changing the ownership of the auto title company and not reporting in writing to the office of motor vehicles within thirty days from the date of such change.
(6) Changing the officers or directors of the auto title company and not reporting in writing to the office of motor vehicles within thirty days from the date of such change.
(7) Being a principal or accessory to the alteration of documents relevant to a registration or titling transaction that results in a material injury to the public records or a shortfall in the collection of taxes owed.
(8) The forwarding to the office of motor vehicles by an auto title company of a document relevant to a registration or titling transaction that results in a material injury to the public records, or a shortfall in the collection of taxes owed when the auto title company had knowledge of facts causing such injury or shortfall, and failed to disclose same to the office of motor vehicles.
(9) Conviction of, or entry of a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to, any felony or conviction of, or entry of a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to, any criminal charge an element of which is fraud.
(10) Fraud, deceit, or perjury in obtaining any contract perfected under this Chapter.
(11) Failure to maintain at all times during the term of the contract all qualifications required by this Chapter or by rule adopted by the department.
(12) Any other cause the department may establish through the adoption of a rule.
B. Any person whose contract has been suspended, canceled, or revoked during the effective term of the contract may request an administrative hearing to review the department's action. A request for administrative review shall stay the action of the department.
C. Any contract suspended, revoked, canceled, or otherwise restricted by the office of motor vehicles may be reinstated by the office of motor vehicles.
Acts 1993, No. 737, §1; Acts 2006, No. 409, §1.