Unless required to be waived pursuant to R.S. 32:1729, the commissioner shall
charge the following fees and no others:
(1) Each certificate of title-- sixty-eight dollars and fifty cents.
(2) Each certified copy of a certificate of title--fifteen dollars.
(3) Each memorandum certificate--one dollar; provided, that if the application for
a memorandum certificate is made at the time of application for a certificate of title, the
commissioner shall charge only the three dollar and fifty cent fee for the certificate of title
and no fee shall be required for the memorandum certificate.
(4) Each certified copy of memorandum certificate--one dollar.
(5) Each notation of a security interest, whether a chattel mortgage, other security
agreement, or other financing statement evidencing such security interest is filed, on a
vehicle certificate of title--five dollars.
(6) Each cancellation of a notation of any chattel mortgage or security interest on a
certificate of title or a cancellation of a floor plan mortgage--five dollars.
(7) Each permit to sell or duplicate permit to sell a motor vehicle--fifteen dollars.
(8) Each salvage title-- sixty-eight dollars and fifty cents.
(9) The fees authorized under R.S. 10:9-525 et seq.
(10) Each certificate of title issued pursuant to a procedure established by R.S.
32:707.6 – ten dollars in addition to the eighteen dollars and fifty cents charged for each
certificate of title as authorized pursuant to Paragraph (1) of this Section. The additional ten
dollars shall be forwarded to the state treasurer for deposit into the Office of Motor Vehicles
Customer Service and Technology Fund.
(11) The fees authorized by R.S. 32:707.2(C)(4).
Acts 1991, No. 377, §6, eff. Jan. 1, 1992; Acts 1991, No. 483, §1; Acts 1992, No.
272, §1; Acts 2001, No. 128, §12, eff. July 1, 2001; Acts 2011, No. 288, §1; Acts 2015, No.
110, §1, eff. July 1, 2015.