§387.17. Special permit; containerized cargo intended for export; rules and regulations; ports in Ouachita Parish
A. Provided there are no written objections raised by the Federal Highway Administration, the secretary of the Department of Transportation and Development may issue special annual permits for sealed containerized cargo in international trade intended for exportation within a fifty mile radius of the Port of Ouachita. These special permits shall be issued in accordance with the following provisions:
(1) The permit shall be issued at the truck permit office of the Department of Transportation and Development.
(2) The fee for the permit shall be seven hundred fifty dollars annually.
(3) The permit shall authorize the operation of a vehicle or combination of vehicles with a total gross vehicle weight not to exceed ninety thousand pounds and a tandem axle weight not to exceed forty thousand pounds.
(4) The secretary may impose a civil penalty of up to five cents per pound for each violation of the weight limit established by this Section.
(5) The authority of the secretary to issue this special permit shall terminate effective July 1, 2012.
B. The secretary may promulgate rules and regulations in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act as are necessary to enforce the provisions of this Section.
Acts 2004, No. 907, §1, eff. July 12, 2004; Acts 2005, No. 287, §1, eff. June 29, 2005; Acts 2008, No. 179, §1, eff. June 21, 2008.