§1720. Owner notification of a stored vehicle; right to request administrative hearing
A. Within ten business days from the date the department or its authorized agent sends the owner information of the stored vehicle, which includes information regarding the holder of any lien on the vehicle, to the owner of the towing, storage, or parking facility, the owner of the towing, storage, or parking facility shall send notice by certificate of mailing to the owner of the vehicle at the owner's last known address and to the holder of any lien on the vehicle. If the department or its authorized agent sends the owner information electronically, the owner of the towing, storage, or parking facility shall send notice within five business days.
B. The notice required in Subsection A of this Section shall include the following information:
(1) The name, location, and physical and mailing addresses of the storage or parking facility.
(2) A description of the vehicle including the year, make, model, and vehicle identification number.
(3) The vehicle license plate number, state of issuance, and expiration date, if known.
(4) The name of the person or agency which had the vehicle towed or placed in storage.
(5) The date the vehicle was placed in storage and any applicable adjusted storage dates.
(6) The condition of the vehicle.
(7) All outstanding charges against the stored vehicle.
(8) Notice of the right of the owner and holder of any lien on the vehicle to an administrative hearing as required in R.S. 32:1727. The notice shall contain the deadline for requesting an administrative hearing and shall also contain information regarding the date by which the request for an administrative hearing must be mailed by certified letter, return receipt requested.
Acts 1989, No. 522, §1; Acts 1999, No. 322, §1; Acts 1999, No. 1361, §1; Acts 2001, No. 1097, §1; Acts 2003, No. 101, §1; Acts 2004, No. 568, §1; Acts 2012, No. 806, §1.