§1714. Powers and duties of the office of state police
The Department of Public Safety and Corrections, office of state police, subject to the provisions of the Administrative Procedure Act, shall:
(1) Adopt rules and regulations to govern the towing and storage industry in Louisiana.
(2) Adopt rules and regulations to ensure that no person shall operate a towing business when they arrive at the scene of a vehicle accident without being called by the police or by the owner of the vehicle or his representative.
(3) Adopt and levy fines for violation of this Chapter or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant to this Chapter.
(4) Make recommendations to the office of motor vehicles in reference to the examination, issuance, suspension, or revocation of licenses for tow trucks and operators.
(5) Adopt a schedule of maximum fees which may be charged for the notifications required by this Chapter.
(6) Repealed by Acts 2012, No. 806, §2.
(7) Insure compliance of every tow truck, towing facility, storage facility, and every employee subject to or licensed in accordance with this Chapter with the laws of this state, regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Administration, and regulations promulgated pursuant to this Chapter.
Acts 1989, No. 522, §1; Acts 1990, No. 907, §1, eff. July 25, 1990; Acts 2001, No. 1088, §1; Acts 2003, No. 1054, §1; Acts 2012, No. 806, §2.