§1255. Fees; penalties
A. To defray the cost of issuing licenses and administering this Chapter, the commission shall fix reasonable fees to be assessed under this Chapter as follows:
(1) The license for each manufacturer, distributor, converter, motor vehicle lessor franchisor, or wholesaler, and factory branch or distributor branch, shall not exceed one thousand dollars for each year covered by the license.
(2) The license for each motor vehicle dealer, specialty vehicle dealer, recreational products dealer, motor vehicle lessor, used motor vehicle dealer, factory representative, broker, distributor representative, or lease facilitator shall not exceed three hundred dollars for each year covered by the license.
(3) The license fee for each motor vehicle salesman and motor vehicle lessor agent shall not exceed thirty dollars for each year covered by the license.
(4) The fee for auto shows, trade shows, and expositions shall not exceed five hundred dollars.
(5) The fee for satellite warranty and repair centers shall not exceed three hundred dollars for each year covered by the license.
B. Any person, firm, or corporation required to be licensed hereunder, who fails to make application for such license at the time required herein, or required by the rules and regulations of the commission shall, in addition to the aforesaid fees, pay a penalty of fifty percent of the amount of the license fee. The penalty, however, may be waived in whole or in part within the discretion of the commission.
Acts 1985, No. 911, §1; Acts 1995, No. 51, §1, eff. June 9, 1995; Acts 1999, No. 1100, §1; Acts 2005, No. 500, §1, eff. July 12, 2005; Acts 2009, No. 403, §1, eff. July 7, 2009; Acts 2010, No. 1036, §1.