As used in R.S. 14:358-14:373:
(1) An "organization" is any corporation, trust, company, partnership, association, foundation, or fund, and includes any group of persons, whether or not incorporated, banded together for joint action on any subject or subjects.
(2) A "Communist Action Organization" is the Communist Party Of The United States, the communist party of any state or foreign nation, the Progressive Labor Movement, or any other organization (other than a diplomatic representative or mission of a foreign government accredited as such by the U.S. Department of State), which is substantially directed, controlled or dominated by any of the foreign governments controlling the world Communist movement described in R.S. 14:358, and shall include any section, branch, fraction or cell of any such organization as is described in this Section.
(3) A "Communist" is any person who has accepted the discipline of or has become a member of a communist action organization and has remained under the discipline thereof or remained a member thereof knowing it to be such an organization.
(4) A "Communist Front Organization" is any organization other than a communist action organization which is directed, controlled or dominated by a communist action organization or is primarily operated for the purpose of giving aid and support to a communist action organization, a Communist foreign government, or the world Communist movement referred to in R.S. 14:358.
(5) A "Communist Infiltrated Organization" is any organization (other than a communist action organization or a communist front organization) which is substantially directed, controlled or dominated by any person who is a communist or persons who are communists.
(6) A "Communist Organization" is any communist action organization, communist front organization or communist infiltrated organization.
(7) The term "world Communist movement" means a revolutionary movement, the purpose of which is to establish eventually a communist totalitarian dictatorship in any or all the countries of the world through the medium of an internationally coordinated Communist movement.
(8) A "Subversive Organization" is any organization which advocates the overthrow or destruction of the United States, the state of Louisiana, or any political subdivision thereof by revolution, force, violence or other unlawful means, and performs or carries out as a function of the organization, known, agreed to, or knowingly performed by any of the officers of the organization, any affirmative act, including abetting, materially assisting, advising or teaching such overthrow or destruction, with the intent to incite action rather than engage in the mere exposition of theory.
(9) A "Subversive Person" is any person who knowingly is a member of a subversive organization knowing the said organization to be subversive within the meaning of R.S. 14:358-14:373 or any person who commits any act intended to bring about the overthrow or destruction of the United States, the state of Louisiana or any political subdivision thereof by revolution, force, violence or other unlawful means.
Amended by Acts 1965, No. 45, §1.