§223.1. Terms defined
The following terms have the meanings indicated:
(1) As used in R.S. 14:223 and 223.6*, "owner" means the person who owns the sounds fixed in the master phonograph record, master disc, master tape, master film, master audio or video cassette, or other device now known or later developed, used for reproducing recorded sounds or images on phonograph records, discs, tapes, films, video cassettes, or other articles or media on which sound is or may be recorded and from which the transferred recorded sounds are directly or indirectly derived. As used in R.S. 14:223.5, "owner" means the person who owns the sounds and images or the rights to authorize the recording of the sounds or images of any performance not fixed in a tangible medium of expression.
(2) "Person" means any individual, partnership, corporation, association, or any other legal entity.
(3) "Recording" and "article" mean any original phonograph record, disc, tape, audio or visual cassette, wire, film, or other medium known or later developed on which sounds or images are recorded or otherwise stored, or any copy or reproduction which duplicates, in whole or in part, the original.
(4) "Audiovisual work" means a series of related images intended to be shown through the use of mechanical or electronic devices, together with accompanying sounds, if any.
(5) "Motion picture" means an audiovisual work consisting of a series of images which, when shown in succession, impart an impression of motion together with accompanying sounds, if any.
(6) "Phonorecord" means a material object in which sounds other than those accompanying a motion picture or other audiovisual work are fixed by any method now known or later developed, and from which the sounds can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated directly or with the aid of a machine or device. Phonorecord includes the material object in which the sound is first fixed.
(7) "Counterfeit label" means an identifying label or container that appears to be genuine but is not.
Acts 1972, No. 350, §2; Acts 1990, No. 122, §1.
*AS APPEARS IN ENROLLED BILL.