§2095.3. Pineville; fees in juvenile matters; assessment and disposition
A. Judicial Building Fund. (1) In all cases over which the Pineville City Court has juvenile jurisdiction, a service charge of seven dollars per filing, subject, however, to the provisions of the Louisiana Code of Civil Procedure, Article 5181 et seq., shall be paid to the juvenile clerk of court when the filing is made.
(2) In every juvenile proceeding where a fine is imposed or court costs are ordered to be paid, a service charge of seven dollars shall be collected by the court, which shall be in addition to all other fines, costs, or forfeitures lawfully imposed.
(3) The monies generated pursuant to this Subsection shall be forwarded to the department of finance for the city of Pineville and placed in an account dedicated to the acquisition, construction, equipping, and maintenance of new courts or other judicial facilities and for the maintenance and payment of any bond indebtedness on any such existing facilities.
(4) The mayor of Pineville and the judge of the Pineville City Court shall have control over the fund and all disbursements made therefrom.
B. Juvenile Expense Fund. (1) In all delinquency and children in need of supervision, or Families in Need of Services (FINS), cases over which the Pineville City Court has jurisdiction, there shall be assessed as costs against every juvenile who is adjudicated delinquent, admits to allegations contained in the petition, or enters into an informal adjustment or informal service agreement, the sum of fifty dollars which shall be transmitted to the finance director of Rapides Parish for further disposition in accordance herewith.
(2) In addition to all other fees or costs now or hereafter provided by law, the juvenile clerk of court shall collect from every person filing any civil action, suit, motion, or rule to show cause in any juvenile matter over which the Pineville City Court has juvenile jurisdiction and where the judge deems it appropriate, the sum of fifteen dollars, subject, however, to the provisions of Code of Civil Procedure, Article 5181 et seq.
(3) The finance director shall place all sums collected or received under this Subsection in a separate account to be designated as the Juvenile Expense Fund for the Pineville City Court. The Pineville city judge shall have control over the fund and all disbursements made therefrom and shall cause to be conducted annually an audit of the fund and the books and accounts relating thereto and shall file the same with the office of the legislative auditor where it shall be available for public inspection.
(4) The Juvenile Expense Fund for the Pineville City Court may be used for any operating expense of the court including salaries for court reporters, bailiffs, minute clerks, and other court personnel, and is in addition to any and all other funds, salaries, expenses, or other monies that are provided, authorized, or established by law.
(5) No judge's salary may be paid from the Juvenile Expense Fund for the Pineville City Court.
Added by Acts 1994, 3rd Ex. Sess., No. 116, §3; Acts 1995, No. 338, §1; Acts 1996, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 24, §1.