§2162. General provisions regarding court orders affecting adjustments
A trustee may apply for a court order under R.S. 9:2160 or 2161, or to obtain approval from the court of any other decision to adjust or not to adjust under R.S. 9:2158. The following provisions apply to such an action:
(1) The proceeding shall be governed by R.S. 9:2233(A).
(2) All current beneficiaries of the trust must approve the adjustment or be given the opportunity to oppose it.
(3) A trustee's decision to adjust or not to adjust shall be approved by the court if the trustee's petition sets forth the reasons for the adjustment, or decision not to adjust, the facts upon which the trustee relies, and an explanation of how the income and principal beneficiaries will be affected, unless a beneficiary establishes that the adjustment, or decision not to adjust, would be an abuse of the trustee's discretion.
(4) An order may authorize adjustments, or non-adjustments, for future years as well as the current year, subject to the right of a person in a subsequent year who is at that time a current beneficiary of the trust to apply to the proper court to have the order modified or rescinded.
(5) For purposes of this Subpart, the "current beneficiaries" of a trust as of any date are the persons who are then the principal beneficiaries of the trust and the persons to whom the trustee is then required or permitted to distribute the income of the trust.
Acts 2001, No. 520, §4.