§641.1. Exclusive licensing authority; rules and regulations
A. The legislature finds that it is in the best interests of protecting, conserving, and replenishing the wildlife and fisheries resources of the state that the department, through its secretary, shall have authority to provide for the issuance of hunting and fishing licenses through an electronic issuance system.
B. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, the secretary shall promulgate rules and regulations to implement an automated license issuance system which includes but is not limited to the following nonexclusive authorization:
(1) To enter into contracts for the provisions of licensing services.
(2) To provide for regulations, qualification criteria, and compensation of licensing agents.
(3) To provide for the funding for an automated license issuance system and related services including license agent commissions.
(4) To provide for criteria to accept or reject applicants or suspend a licensee.
(5) To provide for effective license numbers.
(6) To provide that a license may become effective immediately upon issuance of an effective license number.
(7) To provide for special lottery-type issues.
(8) To enter into agreements for any manner of license issuance, distribution, and compensation therefor, including contingency fee contracts.
Acts 1998, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 164, §2, eff. Sept. 21, 1998; Acts 2003, No. 90, §1.
NOTE: SEE ACTS 1998, 1ST EX. SESS., NO. 164, §4, RE: EFFECTIVENESS AND EFFECTIVE DATE OF ACT. LETTER DATED SEPT. 21, 1998, WAS SENT TO DEPT. OF WILDLIFE & FISHERIES FROM COMMISSIONER OF ADMINISTRATION STATING THAT FUNDS WERE APPROPRIATED FROM THE LA. TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION FUND TO IMPLEMENT THE PROGRAM.