§3087.349. Rules and regulations
A. In order to accomplish the purposes of the district, the board of commissioners may make and enforce such rules and regulations as it shall deem necessary and advisable:
(1) To protect and preserve the works, improvements, and properties owned or controlled by the district, prescribe the manner of their use by public corporations and persons, and preserve order within and adjacent thereto.
(2) To prescribe the manner of building bridges, piers, boathouses, seawalls, roads, and fences, including fences for the control of livestock or other works in, along, or across any channel or extending into the lake.
(3) To prescribe the manner in which natural or artificial drains, ditches, sewers, pipelines, or other works shall be adjusted to or connected with the works of the district or any watercourse therein and the manner in which the watercourses of the district may be used for sewer outlets for disposal of waste.
(4) Pursuant to and in accordance with any statewide laws for the management, protection, or regulation of surface water, to prescribe the permissible uses of the water supply provided by the lake and to prevent the pollution or unnecessary waste of such water supply.
(5) To prescribe or regulate the discharge into sewers of the district of any liquid or solid waste deemed detrimental to the works and improvements of the district.
(6) To establish rules and regulations and cause them to be enforced with regard to activities engaged in upon Lake St. John that are not regulated by the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission.
B. The board shall make recommendations to the Wildlife and Fisheries Commission for proposed regulations pertaining to hunting, fishing, trapping, water sports, boating, and the operation of any watercraft upon the proposed lake.
Acts 2005, No. 214, §1, eff. June 29, 2005.