PART VII. SELECTION OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FOR
As used in this Part, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings hereinafter set forth unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Agency" means the state of Louisiana or any board, commission, department, corporation, institution, or other agency of the state which may require capital outlay projects for the construction of or additions, renovations, and restorations, or any of them, to buildings, plants, and related facilities.
(2) "Architect" means any architect holding a certificate of registration and a license under the laws of the state of Louisiana.
(3) "Boards" means the professional services selection boards created under the provisions of this Part.
(4) "Engineer" means any engineer registered under the laws of the state of Louisiana.
(5) "Landscape architect" means any landscape architect registered under the laws of the state of Louisiana.
(6) "Person" means any architect, engineer, or landscape architect.
(7) "Professional services" means those services performed by an architect, engineer, or landscape architect.
(8) "User agency" means the state agency, department, or institution undertaking a specific project.
(9) "Prime professional" means the architect, landscape architect or engineer with whom the state may sign a contract for professional design services, who shall have the primary responsibility under the contract for the total professional services to be performed in connection with a capital outlay project.
(10) "Supplemental professional services" means any service in addition to the prime professional service in connection with the capital outlay project which the prime professional may be required to provide.
Added by Acts 1975, No. 721, §1. Amended by Acts 1976, No. 525, §1.