§3243. Powers and duties of the board
The board shall:
(1) Establish and publish minimum curriculum and experience requirements for persons seeking licensure under the provisions of this Chapter.
(2) Establish and publish minimum standards of midwifery practice in accordance with those developed and accepted by the profession.
(3) Develop, publish, and make available to interested parties a bibliography and study guide for the examination.
(4) Examine for, approve, deny, revoke, suspend, and renew licensure of duly qualified applicants.
(5) Investigate consumer complaints or complaints from health care providers.
(6) Promulgate and publish rules and regulations for the purpose of administering the provisions of this Chapter.
(7) Conduct hearings on charges calling for revocation or suspension of licensure.
(8) Employ the necessary persons including an attorney to administer this Chapter and fix their compensation.
Acts 1984, No. 688, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1985.