§3826. Requirements; proposals; pilot program plans; final reports
A. To be considered for selection pursuant to R.S. 17:3825(C) each proposal submitted shall contain, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) A written statement signed by the local superintendent and the president of the local system board confirming that the pilot project to be developed contains the program elements required in this Subsection and complies fully with any guidelines required by the board.
(2) Identification of the pilot program's prototype which shall be one of the following:
(a) A pure compensation plan which provides a variance in the annual salary of a teacher as a function of performance and provides that those teachers who perform best are given more compensation.
(b) A career ladder program which advances teachers up career rungs with accompanying salary increases based purely on longevity and evaluation.
(c) A career ladder program which advances teachers up career ladder rungs with accompanying salary increases based not only on longevity and evaluation but also on the contribution of extended responsibility services, or time.
(d) A combination of the prototypes in Subparagraph (a), (b), or (c) of this Paragraph.
(3) A descriptive overview of the basic process to be employed in devising the pilot program plan, listing all activities and procedures to be implemented to develop the pilot program plan.
(4) A detailed description of plans to insure substantial teacher involvement in the development of the pilot program plan.
(5) A detailed description of plans to involve nonteachers in the development of the pilot program plan.
(6) A proposed budget for developing the pilot program plan and for its implementation.
(7) Information required by the board in the guidelines submitted with the invitation to submit proposals which shall include geographic and demographic information about the local system.
B. Pilot program plans to be submitted pursuant to R.S. 17:3825(D) shall contain at a minimum all of the following:
(1) A detailed explanation of implementation procedures.
(2) A detailed explanation of the schedule for implementation.
(3) A detailed explanation of all steps taken in developing the pilot program plan.
(4) A detailed explanation of the goals and objectives of the pilot program.
(5) A detailed explanation of monies from the grant expended in development of the pilot program plan and a detailed proposal for the expenditure of the balance of the grant.
C. Final reports submitted pursuant to R.S. 17:3825(D) shall thoroughly document the pilot program and its results and contain the recommendation of the local system with regard to the program it piloted and the probable effectiveness of the program should it be implemented on a statewide basis. The final report shall contain an accounting of all grant monies expended. Each local system shall return to the department any of the money granted pursuant to this Chapter, the expenditure of which is unaccounted.
Acts 1985, No. 601, §1, eff. July 13, 1985.