No person shall stop, stand, or park a vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic-control device, in any of the following places:
1. On a sidewalk, except a bicycle may stop, stand, or park on a sidewalk if not prohibited by a local jurisdiction.
2. In front of a public or private driveway.
3. Within an intersection.
4. Within five feet of a fire hydrant.
5. On a crosswalk.
6. Within ten feet upon the approach to any flashing beacon, stop sign, or traffic-control signal located at the side of a roadway.
7. Between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within ten feet of points on the curb immediately opposite the ends of a safety zone, unless any city indicates a different length by signs or markings.
8. Within fifty feet of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing, except when parked parallel with such rail and not exhibiting a red light.
9. Within twenty feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street opposite the entrance to any fire station within seventy-five feet of said entrance when properly signposted.
10. Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when such stopping, standing, or parking would obstruct traffic.
11. On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street.
12. Upon any bridge or other elevated structure upon a highway outside of cities or within a highway tunnel.
13. At any place where official signs prohibit stopping or parking.
14. Upon any street within the corporate limits of a city when the same is prohibited by a general ordinance of uniform application relating to removal of snow or ice from the streets.
15. In front of a curb cut or ramp which is located on public or private property in a manner which blocks access to the curb cut or ramp.
[S13, §1571-m18; C24, 27, 31, 35, §5057, 5058, 5060; C39, §5030.05; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, §321.358]
85 Acts, ch 40, §4; 89 Acts, ch 247, §7
Referred to in §321.210, §602.8103, §602.8106, §805.8A(1)(a)
For fines applicable to offenses charged as scheduled violations, see §805.8A, subsection 1, paragraph a