1. A person riding an animal or driving an animal drawing a vehicle upon a roadway is subject to the provisions of this chapter applicable to the driver of a vehicle, except those provisions of this chapter which by their nature can have no application.
2. A person, including a peace officer, riding a bicycle on the highway is subject to the provisions of this chapter and has all the rights and duties under this chapter applicable to the driver of a vehicle, except those provisions of this chapter which by their nature can have no application or those provisions for which specific exceptions have been set forth regarding police bicycles.
3. A person propelling a bicycle on the highway shall not ride other than upon or astride a permanent and regular seat attached to the bicycle.
4. A person shall not use a bicycle on the highway to carry more persons at one time than the number of persons for which the bicycle is designed and equipped.
5. This section does not apply to the use of a bicycle in a parade authorized by proper permit from local authorities.
[C39, §5017.07; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, §321.234]
85 Acts, ch 40, §2; 97 Acts, ch 71, §2
Referred to in §321.236, §805.8A(9)(a)
For applicable scheduled fines, see §805.8A, subsection 9