54-5309. Idaho liquefied petroleum gas safety board. (1) There is hereby established in the department of self-governing agencies the Idaho liquefied petroleum gas safety board and the members thereof shall be appointed by the governor. In making appointments, the governor shall give consideration to recommendations submitted by the rocky mountain propane association and from any individual residing in this state.
(2) The board shall consist of five (5) members, two (2) of whom shall be licensed dealers pursuant to the provisions of this chapter; and one (1) of whom shall be a volunteer firefighter in a rural area of the state; and one (1) of whom shall be a firefighter employed by a city fire department in the state; and one (1) of whom shall be a representative of the general public not employed or otherwise connected with the practices or operations regulated pursuant to this chapter.
(3) The members of the first board shall serve for the following terms: one (1) dealer member shall serve for one (1) year; one (1) firefighter member shall serve for two (2) years; one (1) dealer member shall serve for three (3) years; and one (1) firefighter member and the public member shall each serve for four (4) years. Each member shall serve from the effective date of appointment or until a successor is duly appointed and qualified. Upon the expiration of the term of any member of the board, the governor shall appoint the subsequent member for a term of four (4) years. No member shall be appointed for more than two (2) successive terms.
(4) Board members shall serve at the pleasure of the governor.
(5) Three (3) members of the board shall constitute a quorum, and may exercise all the power and authority conferred on the board.
(6) The members shall meet annually and elect from among the members by majority vote of those present a chairman who shall serve for one (1) year.
(7) The board shall meet no less than annually at such times and at such places as may be specified by the chairman or by the written request of at least two (2) members.
(8) Each member of the board shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(n), Idaho Code.
[(54-5309) 54-5109, added 2005, ch. 143, sec. 1, p. 445; am. and redesig. 2006, ch. 16, sec. 16, p. 56; am. 2007, ch. 198, sec. 2, p. 604; am. 2010, ch. 158, sec. 1, p. 332; am. 2016, ch. 340, sec. 45, p. 964.]