The Office of Motor Vehicle is authorized to suspend or revoke the registration of a vehicle, a certificate of title, registration certificate, registration plate, or any nonresident or other permit in any of the following events:
(1) When the office is satisfied that the registration or that the certificate, plate, or permit was fraudulently or erroneously issued;
(2) When the office determines that a registered vehicle is mechanically unfit or unsafe to be operated or moved upon the highways;
(3) When a registered vehicle has been dismantled or wrecked;
(4) When the office determines that the required fee has not been paid and it is not paid upon reasonable notice and demand;
(5) When a registration certificate, registration plate, or permit is knowingly displayed upon a vehicle other than the one for which issued;
(6) When the office determines that the owner has committed any offense under this chapter involving the registration or the certificate, plate, or permit to be suspended or revoked;
(7) When the office is so authorized under any other provision of law; or
(8) When the owner of a commercial truck is not authorized to operate by the Department of Transportation due to safety-related violations.
Acts 1949, No. 142, § 79; A.S.A. 1947, § 75-179; Acts 2003, No. 854, § 1.