In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Bond related expenses" means:
(a) Printing, publication or advertising expenses with respect to the sale and issuance of any bonds.
(b) Fees, expenses and costs of registrars, paying agents and transfer agents retained by the board.
(c) Fees, expenses and costs of attorneys, accountants, actuaries, feasibility consultants, computer programmers or other experts employed to aid in the sale and issuance of the bonds.
(d) Other costs, fees and expenses incurred or reasonably related to the issuance, sale and administration of the bonds.
2. "Bond related obligation" means any agreement or contractual relationship between the board and any bank, trust company, insurance company, surety bonding company, pension fund or other financial institution providing increased credit on, or security for, the bonds or liquidity for secondary market transactions.
3. "Bonds" means any bonds that are payable from the regional area road fund as provided in chapter 21, article 2 of this title.
4. "Construction interest" means a company whose primary function consists of building freeways, highways or major arterial streets.
5. "Controlled access highway" has the same meaning prescribed in section 28-601.
6. "Freight interest" means a company that derives a substantial portion of its revenue from transporting goods.
7. "Major amendment" means either:
(a) The addition or deletion of a freeway, route on the state highway system or a fixed guideway transit system.
(b) The addition or deletion of a portion of a freeway, route on the state highway system or a fixed guideway transit system that either exceeds one mile in length or exceeds an estimated cost of forty million dollars as provided in the regional transportation plan.
(c) The modification of a transportation project in a manner that eliminates a connection between freeway facilities or fixed guideway facilities.
8. "Population" means the population determined in the most recent United States decennial census or the most recent special census as provided in section 28-6532 and revisions to the decennial or special census certified by the United States bureau of the census.
9. "Public transportation" means moving passengers by means of a conveyance operated by or for a political subdivision of this state including dial-a-ride transportation, special needs transportation and van pool transportation but excluding school buses.
10. "Public transportation system" means the combination of individuals, vehicles, physical facilities, structures and equipment that together provide, or facilitate providing, public transportation, including buses, high occupancy vehicle roadway lanes and ramps, bus pull-out lanes, bus and light rail waiting facilities, park and ride parking lots, intelligent transportation systems and ridesharing promotion.
11. "Regionwide business" means a company that provides goods or services throughout the county.
12. "Transit interest" means an individual with demonstrated interest and experience with public transportation.