(1) Each franchise holder authorized to conduct a race meeting under this chapter shall pay to the Arkansas Racing Commission for the use and benefit of the State of Arkansas either ten percent (10%) of all moneys received each day from admissions paid by persons attending the races at the meeting or the sum of ten cents (10cent(s)) on each and every paid admission, whichever sum is the greater.
(2) All payments provided in this section shall be made each day of any and every race meeting.
(1) The issuance of all tax-free passes shall be by the franchise holder or its employees or agents. The commission shall have no authority over the issuance or distribution of the passes.
(2) It shall be unlawful for any person, corporation, firm, partnership, or any other entity to sell or offer for sale for any consideration any tax-free pass issued by the commission for general admission to the racing facility of any franchise holder.
(3) Any person, corporation, firm, partnership, or other entity that sells or offers for sale tax-free passes shall upon conviction be guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.
Acts 1957, No. 191, § 20; A.S.A. 1947, § 84-2835; Acts 1991, No. 664, § 2; 1991, No. 1020, § 2; 1999, No. 1508, §§ 11, 12; 2005, No. 1994, § 240.