The Arkansas Youth Suicide Prevention Task Force shall:
(1) Assist in increasing the awareness of youth suicide among school personnel and community leaders;
(2) Enhance the school climate and relationships among teachers, counselors, and students to encourage everyone to recognize the signs of suicidal tendencies and other facts about youth suicide;
(3) Encourage the development and implementation of school-based youth suicide prevention programs and pilot projects;
(4) Utilize community resources in the development and implementation of youth suicide prevention programs through cooperative efforts;
(5) Increase the awareness of students of the relationship between drug and alcohol use and youth suicide;
(6) Advocate programs to collect data on youth suicide attempts; and
(7) Develop a program of suicide prevention for distribution to the schools of the State of Arkansas.
Acts 2005, No. 1757, § 1.