(a) In addition to the other duties set forth in this chapter, the Department of Health shall:
(1) Prescribe the duties of the department's employees;
(2) Hold examinations as to the qualifications of all applicants for registration whose applications have been submitted to it in proper form, unless otherwise provided;
(3) Issue permits and licenses to the applicants who are entitled thereto;
(4) Register cosmetological establishments and schools of cosmetology;
(5) Implement the State Board of Health's rules:
(A) For carrying out the provisions of this chapter;
(B) For conducting examinations of applicants for licensing;
(C) For governing the recognition and the credits to be given to the study of cosmetology or any of its branches, under a cosmetologist or in a school of cosmetology, licensed under the laws of another state; and
(D) For governing health and safety, as it considers necessary, in regard to the precautions to be employed to prevent the creating or spreading of infections or contagious diseases in cosmetological establishments, in schools of cosmetology, and in the practice of a cosmetologist and in any branch of cosmetology, provided the rules meet the minimum requirements of the law. A copy of all rules governing health and safety shall be made available to each licensee. The rules adopted under this subsection shall have the force and effect of law;
(6) Develop rules to establish and implement the domestic violence and sexual assault awareness training required under § 17-26-419.
(b) In addition to the powers conveyed upon the department by this chapter, the department may enforce the provisions of this chapter or any reasonable rule adopted by the board through injunctive process.
(c) The department may incur reasonable expenses and perform such other acts as may be necessary to carry out its duties and functions and to administer this chapter.
(d) (1) The department shall promulgate rules setting a standard educational curriculum for schools of cosmetology.
(2) The standard educational curriculum shall distinguish between secondary and postsecondary educational requirements for the schools of cosmetology.