As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Job-creating research" means basic and applied laboratory research that may reasonably be expected to lead to the creation of knowledge-based and high-technology jobs in Arkansas;
(2) "Knowledge-based and high-technology jobs" means employment opportunities in positions that pay more than one and seventy-five hundredths (1.75) times the average annual wage in the state according to the most recent data available;
(3) "Research alliance" means the collaborative functions of research universities for the purpose of:
(A) Enhancing research infrastructure;
(B) Increasing the number of talented researchers at research universities; and
(C) Expanding knowledge-based and high-technology job-creating research activities;
(4) "Research infrastructure" means the equipment, buildings, information technology connectivity, and software of research universities within which talented researchers conduct their work; and
(5) "Research university" means any university campus in Arkansas that receives significant federal funding of job-creating research.
Acts 2007, No. 563, § 1.