It shall be the duty of the Director of the Department of Parks and Tourism to:
(1) Devote his or her entire time to the carrying out of the provisions of this section;
(2) Make available and make use of the materials and information assembled by state agencies and gather additional information and materials concerning the state's resources, its departments of government, and its institutions;
(3) Make this information available to the newspapers, magazines, and other media of publicity for the preparation of articles and stories favorable to the state, its resources, its institutions, and its departments of government;
(4) Prepare paid advertisements favorable to the State of Arkansas and, subject to the approval of the State Parks, Recreation, and Travel Commission, expend such state funds as may be made available for this purpose in the publication of advertisements in magazines, newspapers, and other periodicals, either directly with advertising media or through the services of a recognized advertising agency on a commission basis regularly allowed by the advertising media;
(5) Assemble and prepare material for the publication of pamphlets, booklets, folders, maps, brochures, and other similar advertising matter concerning the State of Arkansas and contract, subject to the approval of the commission, for the reproduction of advertising matter;
(6) Distribute advertising matter to the general public or to special groups for which it is intended, either by mail or other method; and
(7) Assist and aid the various departments of state in the preparation and distribution of pamphlets, booklets, folders, etc., when it may be deemed advisable to give publicity to the activities of any department or to inform the public of the activities, rules, regulations, or requirements of the state government.
Acts 1937, No. 265, § 5; Pope's Dig., § 12030; A.S.A. 1947, § 9-201.