(a) The board of assessors shall, each for the county he represents, make in a book, to be provided by the district for that purpose, a separate assessment of the increased value or betterment, which it estimates will annually accrue to the lands, town lots, suburban lots, rural lots, industrial tracts, blocks, railroads, tramroads, telegraph, telephone, and electric power lines and underground cables, pipelines, and all other real property and interests in real property within the boundaries of the district, by reason of the construction of levees and other flood control and drainage works and the perpetual operation and maintenance of these works.
(b) The assessment roll of the property in each county shall be made by the assessors in the following manner:
(1) The lands shall be entered upon the assessment roll in convenient subdivisions according to the government survey. If the lands may not be definitely described according to the government survey, a metes and bounds description, or any other description by which the lands may be identified, will suffice;
(2) Lots and blocks situated in towns and cities shall be entered on the roll according to the legal description thereof;
(3) Suburban lots, rural lots, and industrial tracts shall be entered upon the assessment roll under such description as will properly identify the property involved;
(4) Railroad and tramroad rights-of-way shall be assessed according to the betterment or increase in value and may be assessed per mile;
(5) Telegraph, telephone, and electric power lines and underground cables, pipelines, and all other property, or interests in property not here enumerated, shall be assessed on the basis of the increase in value, or betterment thereto, in a manner the board of assessors may deem expedient and reasonable;
(6) The value of each separate tract or parcel of property as estimated without the levees and other flood control or drainage works shall be shown in one (1) column; the increased value thereof, or betterment thereto, estimated to accrue to it annually by reason of the construction of levees and other flood control and drainage works and the perpetual operation, and maintenance thereof, shall be shown in another column.
Acts 1961, No. 20, § 8; A.S.A. 1947, § 21-846.