As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Artifacts" means arrowheads, other bone and stone tools, pottery, pottery fragments, china, metal objects or other material objects made by Native American settlers, or other residents of Arkansas, which were left or lost in or on the ground, except those items which were placed in direct association with human skeletal burial remains or burial furniture as defined in this subchapter;
(2) "Burial furniture" means any items which were placed with human remains at the time of burial or in apparent intentional association with the burial and would include burial markers, items of personal adornment, casket and casket hardware, stone and bone tools, pottery vessels, or other similar objects or materials;
(3) "Burial grounds" means any place where human skeletal remains are or have been buried;
(4) "Desecration" means the intentional, willful, or knowing removal or disturbance of human skeletal burial remains or burial furniture which was placed with a buried human body, or treating such human skeletal burial remains in an irreverent and contemptuous manner; and
(5) "Human skeletal burial remains" means the calcified portion of a human body which remains after the flesh has decomposed.
Acts 1991, No. 753, § 1.