(1) There is established the State DNA Data Base.
(2) The State Crime Laboratory shall administer the data base and provide DNA records to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for storage and maintenance in CODIS.
(b) The data base shall have the capability provided by computer software and procedures administered by the laboratory to store and maintain DNA records related to:
(1) Crime scene evidence and forensic casework;
(2) Convicted offenders and juveniles adjudicated delinquent who are required to provide a DNA sample under this subchapter;
(3) Offenders who were required to provide a DNA sample under former § 12-12-1101 et seq.;
(4) Anonymous DNA records used for forensic validation, quality control, or establishment of a population statistics database;
(5) Unidentified persons or body parts;
(6) Missing persons and biological relatives of missing persons;
(7) Persons arrested for a felony offense who are required to provide a DNA sample under § 12-12-1006; and
(8) Juveniles adjudicated delinquent who are required to provide a DNA sample under § 9-27-357.
Acts 1997, No. 737, § 5; 2003, No. 1470, § 3; 2009, No. 974, § 11; 2015, No. 1084, § 2.