This chapter does not apply to any of the following:
(1) The United States or a department, agency, or instrumentality thereof.
(2) The transmission of money by the United States Postal Service or by a contractor on behalf of the United States Postal Service.
(3) A state, county, city, or any other governmental agency or governmental subdivision of a state.
(4) Electronic funds transfer of governmental benefits for a federal, state, or governmental agency by a contractor on behalf of the United States or a department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, or a state or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality thereof.
(5) A board of trade designated as a contract market under the federal Commodity Exchange Act, 7 U.S.C. Sections 1-25 (1994), or a person that, in the ordinary course of business, provides clearance and settlement services for a board of trade to the extent of its operation as or for such a board.
(6) A registered futures commission merchant under the federal commodities laws to the extent of its operation as such a merchant.
(7) A bank, bank holding company, office of an international banking corporation, or a branch of a foreign bank, provided that such international banking corporation or foreign bank is subject to regulation significantly similar to United States or state chartered banks and deposits are insured.
(Act 2017-389, §2.)