Representative office - Factors for approval of application.
(a) A foreign bank making an application for a license to establish and maintain an Alabama representative office shall deliver to the superintendent two, or more as the superintendent may require by regulation, duplicate originals of the foreign bank's application.
(b) The superintendent shall issue a license to a foreign bank to establish and maintain an Alabama representative office if he or she finds that:
(1) The foreign bank is of good character and sound financial standing;
(2) The management of the foreign banks and the proposed management of the Alabama representative office are adequate; and
(3) The convenience and needs of persons to be served by the proposed Alabama representative office will be promoted.
(c) If the superintendent determines to issue a license to a foreign bank to establish and maintain an Alabama representative office, he or she shall, when all fees have been paid as required under this article:
(1) Endorse on each duplicate original of the application the word "Filed," and the date of the filing thereof and return to the foreign bank one such duplicate original so endorsed;
(2) File in his or her office one of such duplicate originals of the application; and
(3) Issue a license to establish and maintain an Alabama representative office to such foreign bank.
(d) Each license issued to a foreign bank to establish and maintain an Alabama representative office shall state fully the name of the foreign bank to which such license is issued, the address or addresses at which such Alabama representative office is to be located and all such other information as the superintendent may require by regulation.
(Acts 1995, No. 95-115, p. 134, §39.)