Alternative Sentencing Board - Terms; expenses; vacancies; officers; meetings.
(a) Each nonpermanent member shall hold office until his or her successor has been appointed by the Lee County Commission and shall be a resident of Lee County.
(b) The nonpermanent members shall serve without compensation but may be reimbursed actual and reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of their respective duties as board members from funds held by the board.
(c) The terms of office for each nonpermanent member shall be staggered as follows:
(1) The first term of one member shall be for two years.
(2) The first term of the remaining member shall be for four years.
(3) Thereafter the term of office for each member shall be four years.
(d) If any nonpermanent board member dies, resigns, or becomes incapable of acting as a member, or ceases to reside in the county, the county commission shall appoint a successor to serve for the unexpired period of the term in the manner prescribed herein.
(e) Members may succeed themselves in office.
(f)(1) The board shall select from its membership a president and other officers as needed, and may appoint an executive director, who shall serve at the pleasure of the board.
(2) The board shall make and publish its own rules for the conduct of its affairs.
(3) Board meetings shall be held at least once a quarter, at the call of the president, or upon the request of any three board members.
(Act 2009-330, p. 558, §5.)